FEBRUARY 21, 2012 — The American Equity Underwriters, Inc. (AEU), Mobile, AL, has hired Jason Lake as a Loss Control Manager.
Mr. Lake joins the current staff of highly experienced loss control managers at AEU. His background will complement the staff of shipyard and marine cargo handling incident prevention experts at AEU.
Mr. Lake graduated from the U.S. Merchant Marine Academy, Kings Point, NY, in 2005 with a Bachelor of Science in Marine Transportation. After graduating from USMMA, he sailed with Maersk and Ocean Shipholding and as third mate, second mate, and then the last two years as chief mate. He has extensive experience and formal training in on-site analysis, safety management, and cargo handling from the vessel perspective. He is licensed by the US Coast Guard as Chief Mate of Steam or Motor Vessels of any Gross Tons Upon Oceans or Waterways.
AEU Loss Control Senior Vice President, Jimmy Burgin said “AEU loss control staff is charged with working with clients to improve safety programs and drive down incident costs. Jason’s unique background will be a huge asset in helping companies improve in this manner.”
Marine Log News
- 2012-04-27 - Wärtsilä donates controllable pitch propulsion system to USMMA, Kings Point
- 2012-07-05 - Kings Point welcomes Class of 2016
- 2012-06-26 - Colonel Jim Helis to be new Kings Point superintendent
- 2012-08-21 - USMMA gets "space" ship for training
- 2012-11-14 - Kings Point names new deputy superintendent
- 2012-12-12 - Four Kings Pointers awarded Crowley Scholarships
- 2012-12-13 - Craig Perciavalle takes helm at Austal USA
- 2013-01-03 - Crowley makes VP appointment
- 2013-01-15 - New leadership for TOTE Services
- 2013-01-29 - Kings Point welcomes new Deputy Superintendent
- 2013-03-04 - Crowley named honorary USMMA alumnus
- 2013-03-31 - Norwegian Cruise Lines names Breakaway captains
- 2013-04-24 - DoT IG asked to review USMMA sexual harassment policies
- 2013-04-25 - Alumni Association faces eviction from Kings Point campus
- 2013-05-02 - Judge stays Alumni Association eviction from Kings Point
- 2013-05-09 - Court upholds Alumni Association eviction from USMMA campus
- 2013-05-15 - Alumni Association leaves Kings Point campus
- 2013-06-18 - Kings Point holds commencement ceremony