JANUARY 8, 2013 — Ingram Barge Company has promoted Robert Barker to Senior Vice President and Chief Information Officer. Mr. Barker reports to Craig E. Philip, Chief Executive Officer of Ingram Barge.
"Robert has been managing operations, budgets, and varied technological projects of the Information Services group since joining Ingram in 2010," Mr. Philip said. "Robert's expertise and leadership in this department continues to make a positive impact."
Before joining Ingram, Mr. Barker served as Director of Information Systems for a multi-billion dollar division of Manitowoc Companies in Shady Grove, Pennsylvania. He is an alumnus of Purdue University with a degree in Computer Integrated Manufacturing.
Mr. Barker and his wife, Lina, reside with their children in Williamson County.
Ingram Barge Company is a subsidiary of Ingram Industries Inc., based in Nashville, Tennessee.It operates a fleet of more than 150 line haul towboats and nearly 4,500 barges.
Marine Log News
- 2013-01-10 - Horizon Shipbuilding delivers second Canal Barge towboat
- 2011-06-16 - Kirby confirms second quarter earnings guidance
- 2012-04-19 - Ingram to buy U.S. United Barge Line from United Maritime Group
- 2012-03-25 - Intracoastal Iron Works busy building towboats
- 2012-03-27 - Bollinger Shipyards team on Bouchard ATB conversion
- 2012-05-12 - United Maritime Group to sell its bulk terminal unit in $215 million deal
- 2012-09-20 - Barges play key role in Virginia submarine program
- 2012-10-02 - Crowley awarded $16.5 million MSC charter for ATB
- 2012-10-09 - Waller LNG ATB gets ABS approval in principle
- 2012-10-09 - Vulcan Materials christens new tugboat
- 2012-10-10 - Low sulfur fuel capacity increased in Colombian port
- 2012-10-18 - VT Halter Marine delivers ATB tug to Bouchard
- 2012-11-01 - Rand Logistics puts Jones Act ATB into service
- 2012-11-28 - Kirby to acquire Penn Maritime for $295 million
- 2012-11-28 - Marad funds three vessel repowering demo projects
- 2012-12-12 - Vigor Marine replaces bow of 80,000 bbl barge
- 2012-12-17 - Kirby completes Penn Maritime acquisition
- 2012-12-17 - TY Offshore launches 30,000 bbl FMT oil barge
- 2012-12-19 - ACL to transport Canadian crude on U.S. waterways
- 2013-01-02 - Mississippi shutdown looms
- 2013-01-03 - Signet Shipbuilding delivers deck barge
- 2013-01-03 - Crowley makes VP appointment
- 2013-01-22 - US Fab to build deck barge for Harley Marine Alaska service
- 2013-01-29 - Vane Line wins $13.1 million TRANSCOM contract
- 2013-01-31 - Kirby reports increased fourth quarter earnings
- 2013-02-01 - FMT extends towboat construction at Eastern Shipbuilding
- 2013-02-05 - Barge Master platform completes offshore testing
- 2013-02-14 - Bouchard orders 250,000 bbl ATB at VT Halter
- 2013-02-20 - Swiber completes India's first offshore floatover installation
- 2013-02-22 - Jensen Maritime designs Harley tugs and deck barge
- 2013-03-13 - Massive blaze after tug hits pipeline
- 2013-03-13 - Coast Guard continues to respond to pipeline blaze
- 2013-03-14 - USCG continues response to tug and barge pipeline allision
- 2013-03-21 - Bouchard exercises ATB option at VT Halter
- 2013-03-29 - Conrad adds $51.4 million in new business
- 2013-04-24 - Vigor-built barge supports King County ferry operations
- 2013-04-25 - Barge explosions rock Mobile
- 2013-04-30 - SEACOR's Fabrikant: "We're very unhappy ..."
- 2013-05-01 - Buckley McAllister elected new Chairman of AWO
- 2013-05-10 - COSCO Zhoushan wins launch barge order