DECEMBER 17, 2012 — Captain Dennis Brand will rejoin Titan Salvage, Crowley Maritime Corporation's Pompano, Fla.-based, marine salvage and wreck removal company, as director of global commercial operations. He will report to company Managing Director Rich Habib on January 2, 2013.
As a member of the company's senior management team, Captain Brand will help shape strategic, operational and commercial business initiatives particularly as they relate to emergency response, securing salvage and wreck removal work for Titan around the world.
"We welcome Captain Brand back to the Titan team and look forward to his leadership as we continue along our very exciting path of international expansion and growth especially within emergency response," said Mr. Habib. "In addition to his strong claims experience, Dennis also shares a passion for the salvage side of the business having served in varying capacities including Salvage Master on several large projects including Titan's wreck removal of New Flame off the coast of Gibraltar."
Prior to rejoining Titan, Captain Brand spent four years in various management positions including managing director of the Association of Hanseatic Marine Underwriters (VHT – Verein Hanseatischer Transportversicherer e.V., Hamburg & Bremen, Germany), an independent intermediary that advises maritime insurers and insured parties. During his time at VHT, he had a record of innovation and was charged with combining the company's Hamburg and Bremen operations into a solitary, streamlined organization with new procedures and systems to better serve ship owners and the marine insurance industries. He also co-founded Hanseatic Marine Consultants GmbH in Bremen and has shared his varied expertise as a consultant in surveying, towage, sea-trials, port planning, emergency response, casualty investigations and the like, all following his three years of experience sailing as a nautical officer aboard heavy-lift, Roll-On/Roll-Off and container vessels.
Captain Brand earned a certificate of proficiency as a ship mechanic and a diploma from the University of Applied Sciences in Bremen in nautical sciences and industrial engineering, shipping. He is also a management-leveled master mariner with no limitations.
Marine Log News
- 2011-03-30 - American Salvage Association establishes Education Committee
- 2011-06-06 - American Salvage Association relocates offices
- 2012-03-27 - Salvage of capsized tug in dry dock successful
- 2012-03-29 - Resolve completes Sri Lanka wreck removal project
- 2012-05-23 - Rena salvage operations continue
- 2012-10-31 - New Crowley tug assists stranded Cuban boxship
- 2012-11-28 - Resolve completes Jireh wreck removal
- 2012-12-04 - Donjon pumps play vital part in Sandy response
- 2012-12-14 - Titan Salvage opens depot in Cairns, Australia
- 2013-02-05 - Crowley and Titan wrap up Hurricane Sandy response efforts
- 2013-02-05 - Smit awarded contract for grounded minesweeper
- 2013-02-07 - Titan Salvage makes VP appointment
- 2013-03-04 - Resolve and FDNY sign marine fire response agreement
- 2013-03-27 - Patrick Keenan joins Titan Salvage
- 2013-04-12 - Inland Salvage completes salvage of jack-up in GoM
- 2013-04-24 - Titan refloats grounded box ship from U.K’s Farne Islands
- 2013-05-16 - New regs for Non-Tank Vessel Response Plans near release