OCTOBER 9, 2012 — Heléne Mellquist has been promoted to CEO of Rederi AB TransAtlantic's (STO:RABTB)(OMX: RABT) Industrial Shipping Division effective immediately.
Ms. Mellquist joined TransAtlantic in January 2012 as CFO. Prior to joining TransAtlantic, she held various finance and managerial positions within the Volvo Group over a 20 year period, most recently as CFO and Vice President at an International Division of Volvo Trucks.
Ms. Mellquist holds a degree in International Economics from the University of Gothenburg.
"TransAtlantic's Industrial Shipping division is in the middle of a restructuring process that seeks to significantly improve profitability for the division through market share gains and cost restructuring. Heléne has been central to the creation of this strategy and execution plan. We are very excited about Heléne taking over the overall responsibility of the Industrial Shipping division ensuring continuity in executing this strategy. Industrial Shipping is in good hands with the appointment of Heléne." says Henning E. Jensen, CEO of TransAtlantic. "At the same time I would like to thank Kim H. Sörensen for his significant contributions during his short tenure with TransAtlantic and wish him all the best."
Gothenburg, Sweden, based Rederi AB TransAtlantic s organized into two business areas: Industrial Shipping and Viking Supply Ships. The company has about 850 employees and the turnover in 2011 was MSEK 2,989. The Industrial Shipping business area consists of three divisions: Bulk, Container and RoRo Baltic. Viking Supply Ships operates within the offshore and icebreaking segment. The company's B-shares are listed on the NASDAQ OMX Stockholm, Small Cap segment. www.rabt.se
Marine Log News
- 2011-08-01 - Zacchello Group companies file for Chapter 11 protection
- 2011-10-04 - ICS says IMO CO2 levy on fuels could help ports cope with climate change
- 2012-02-08 - Saltchuk rebrands American Shipping Group as TOTE, Inc.
- 2012-02-29 - DNV to carry out operations through three separate companies
- 2012-10-17 - Inchcape's Brazil unit celebrates tenth anniversary
- 2012-11-13 - CIT Group launches maritime finance business
- 2012-12-05 - Crowley makes senior leadership changes
- 2012-12-18 - Defense Authorization Act adds to Iran shipping sanctions
- 2012-12-27 - Matson to acquire Reef Shipping assets
- 2013-01-04 - BIMCO looks at challenges ahead
- 2013-01-07 - Moore Stephens gets out the crystal ball
- 2013-01-14 - ICS issues flag state performance table
- 2013-02-12 - Johnston replaces Arntzen at OSG
- 2013-02-20 - Shipowners to EU on CO2 monitoring: "Yes, but ..."
- 2013-03-11 - Meeting marine fuel sulfur targets could up carbon emissions
- 2013-03-19 - Rolls-Royce Environship gets Green Ship award
- 2013-03-27 - Nobu Su steps down as TMT CEO
- 2013-03-28 - Cyprus Shipping Chamber says it "feels optimistic"
- 2013-04-04 - German shipowners seek government action on key issues
- 2013-05-13 - EC unveils "maritime strategy for the Atlantic"