MAY 31, 2012 — The Waterways Council, Inc. (WCI) Board of Directors has named Debra A. Colbert as Senior Vice President, effective June 1, 2012. Colbert currently serves as Director of Communications and Media Relations for the organization and has served with WCI since its inception in 2004, developing the communications program of its predecessor organization, Waterways Work!
Prior to her work with WCI, Colbert served as President of Colbert Communications, a communications consultancy practice offering media relations, communications, public affairs, marketing and advertising counsel to a variety of clients. Prior to that she was Director of Public Affairs for the American Waterways Operators, Manager of Communications for the Telecommunications Industry Association, and Assistant Manager of Communications for the Aerospace Industries Association.
"We are so pleased to welcome Deb to WCI in a full-time role as Senior Vice President. She is well-known to our members, the Corps of Engineers and the news media, and brings a great level of enthusiasm and dedication to our organization," said Michael J. Toohey, WCI President/CEO.
Waterways Council, Inc. is the national public policy organization advocating a modern and well-maintained national system of ports and inland waterways. The group is supported by waterways carriers, shippers, port authorities, shipping associations and waterways advocacy groups from all regions of the country.
- 2012-11-09 - Congress warned of threat to Mississippi River commerce
- 2012-11-13 - New river radar approved for European waterways
- 2013-01-08 - Mississippi shutdown fears eased, for now
- 2013-01-15 - Enterprise Marine wins SeaRiver contract
- 2013-02-04 - Buckley McAllister named President of McAllister Towing
- 2013-02-20 - Obama unveils plan for rebuilding infrastructure
- 2013-05-02 - Allegretti takes helm at American Maritime Partnership