The second of two Ulstein designed PX 106 platform supply vessels, CBO Pacifico, left Brazil's Estaleiro Alianca shipyard on May 10, 2012. The newbuild went straight into contract for Petrobras. .
"The finish and quality of these vessels are impeccable. We are very pleased with the good cooperation we have had throughout these projects with shipowner CBO [Companhia Brasileira de Offshore] and the Estaleiro Alianca yard," says Ingar Kaldhol of Ulstein Design & Solutions.
Mr. Kaldhol has worked closely with the yard's project team throughout the building process of the first two of totally six Ulstein designed X-Bow platform supply vessels to be constructed in Brazil.
These first two PX106 vessels are relatively small vessels that comply with Petrobras' PSV 3000 tender. The next four will be of the larger PX105 design that complies with the PSV 4500 tender. All vessels will be working on eight year contracts for Petrobras.
It was in 2010 and 2011 that CBO decided to order the Ulstein designed PSV's for Petrobras' oil rig support activities outside Brazil. The PX106 and PX105 vessels are designed for efficient and flexible transportation of bulk and general cargo to installations offshore. The contracts with Ulstein include the deliveries of design, engineering, main equipment and commissioning follow-up.
CBO Pacifico measures 76.3 m (length overall) by 16 m (breadth), and the depth to main deck is 7.5 m. The cargo deck area is 660 square m. Three of the tanks are multitanks of the Cargomax system. She has diesel electric propulsion and azimuth propellers, and can keep a speed of approximately 15 knots. CBO Pacifico complies with the CLEAN notation from Det Norske Veritas.
The four PSVs of the PX105 design will be delivered during 2012–2013. CBO already has two PSVs of P106 design from Ulstein in its fleet, delivered in 2006 and 2007.
May 14, 2012
- 2011-05-12 - Olympic Shipping orders third MT 6015 at Kleven
- 2012-02-23 - PSV to have world's first shipboard DC power grid
- 2012-07-12 - OSD secures design contract for Platform Supply Vessel
- 2012-08-17 - Miclyn Express Offshore building two Platform Supply Vessels
- 2012-08-27 - Rethinking the Platform Supply Vessel
- 2012-10-05 - Corvus supplying battery system for fuel cell vessel
- 2012-10-08 - Hungry Chinese yards turn focus from bulkers to OSVs
- 2012-11-08 - Britoil to enter PSV market with PX121 pair
- 2012-11-12 - Wärtsilä sales of gas-fueled engines top 2,000 mark
- 2012-12-12 - Havyard PSV design picked by COSL
- 2013-01-28 - Damen launches first vessel in new PSV series
- 2013-02-06 - PSV will be first vessel with Rolls-Royce Unified Bridge
- 2013-02-25 - GPA releases more details of Jackson Offshore PSVs
- 2013-03-06 - Ulstein delivers third PSV to its Blue Ship subsidiary
- 2013-03-07 - Ulstein books design and power orders for Vroon PSVs
- 2013-03-27 - Cochin shipyard delivers first of four Vard design PSVs
- 2013-04-02 - USDOT says Bravante launch shows value of Title XI
- 2013-04-04 - PSV is first vessel with ABB Onboard DC Grid
- 2013-04-17 - Aberdeen naming ceremony for Sinopacific X-bow PSV
- 2013-05-13 - Ulstein delivers fourth PSV to its Blue Ship subsidiary
- 2013-05-15 - Tidewater to buy Norway's Troms Offshore Supply