A Huntington Ingalls Industries (NYSE:HII) subsidiary has signed an agreement with a subsidiary of Korean shipbuilding giant Hanjin Heavy Industries.
Under the agreement, Huntington Ingalls subsidiary AMSEC and Hanjin Heavy Industries and Construction Philippines, Inc. (HHIC-PHIL) will work together in providing maintenance, repair and logistics services to the U.S. Navy and other customers in the western Pacific region.
The agreement with HHIC-PHIL allows AMSEC to benefit from Hanjin's state-of-the art shipyard at Subic Bay, Philippines, and accelerate Hanjin's growth into the maintenance, repair and logistics services as the U.S. Navy increases focus in the Western Pacific region.
"It's great that AMSEC's relationship with HHIC-PHIL has been firmly established," said Harris Leonard, HII vice president and president of AMSEC operations. "I am confident this important step will expand our efforts in providing quality technical services to our most important customer, the U.S. Navy, wherever they may be operating."
With approximately 2,000 employees in 27 locations nationwide and overseas, AMSEC is a full-service supplier to the Navy and commercial maritime industry, providing naval architecture and marine engineering, naval ship systems assessments, maintenance engineering, waterfront maintenance support, acquisition program support, shipyard industrial engineering and C4I installation and support services. AMSEC also provides life-cycle integrated logistics services, including technical manual development, provisioning documentation, spare parts management, training development and delivery, and software development.
April 19, 2012
- 2011-09-11 - Coast Guard awards Ingalls Shipbuilding contract for fifth National Security Cutter
- 2012-04-10 - IHC Merwede gets financing in place to start pipelayer construction
- 2012-03-10 - MHI Kobe Shipyard launches its last commercial vessel
- 2012-05-16 - ABB wins $18 million order to supply systems for two pipe-layers
- 2012-05-30 - Mitsubishi Heavy Industries and Imabari to cooperate in containership market
- 2012-06-15 - OSX Brasil secures $1.3 billion financing for giant Açu shipyard
- 2012-08-28 - CSV is designed for maximum operational availability
- 2012-09-06 - Newport News offers buyout to salaried employees
- 2012-12-18 - NSRP announces $12 million series of research projects