Rear Admiral Mary E. Landry, USCG retired,will be back at work at the Coast Guard, April 22, though she won't be wearing quite as much gold braid as in this file photograph.
As the newest member of the Coast Guard Senior Executive team, she will be the agency's Director, Incident Management and Preparedness Policy.
In this capacity, Ms. Landry (as she is referred to in an ALCOAST notice announcing the appointment) will establish, develop, and implement policies, strategies and goals to improve all hazards incident management with the Coast Guard's interagency partners.
Ms. Landry had a distinguished Coast Guard military career, retiring in 2011 at the rank of Rear Admiral. She has over 30 years of experience in incident management and preparedness serving, most notably, as the Commander of the Eighth Coast Guard District and as the Director of Governmental and Public Affairs.
Ms. Landry received her Bachelor of Arts degree in English from the University of Buffalo, Master of Arts in Management from Webster University, and a second Master of Arts in Marine Affairs from the University of Rhode Island. She participated in a National Security Fellowship at Harvard University.
April 18, 2012
- 2012-03-30 - Electrical fire delays patrol by 49-year-old USCG cutter
- 2012-05-18 - LoBiondo voices concern about Coast Guard budget
- 2012-08-10 - Baker Lyman, GL announce strategic alliance
- 2012-11-02 - Coast Guard reopens Port of NY/NJ on limited basis
- 2012-11-21 - Bollinger delivers fourth FRC to Coast Guard
- 2012-12-05 - House passes Coast Guard Authorization Act
- 2013-01-04 - Schuster to Chair House T&I Committee
- 2013-01-22 - USCG cuts random drug test rate for crew members
- 2013-02-12 - USCG and NTSB to investigate Carnival Triumph fire
- 2013-02-28 - Commandant delivers State of the Coast Guard address
- 2013-03-01 - Peene Werft delivers Swedish Coast Guard vessel
- 2013-04-30 - USCG issues updated safety alert on surge protectors
- 2013-05-01 - USCG awards Huntington Ingalls contract for NSC 6
- 2013-05-06 - Coast Guard identifies causes of Stratton corrosion
- 2013-05-10 - Detention of bulker: "arbitrary and capricious"
- 2013-05-21 - Ingalls lays keel of NSC 5
- 2013-05-22 - Bollinger delivers sixth FRC to Coast Guard