South Korea's Ministry of Knowledge Economy has released its trade figures for 2011. Korea’s exports increased 19.6 percent year on year to a record $557.8 billion and imports gained 23.3 percent to a record $524.5 billion—a $33.3 billion trade surplus.
Exports from Korean shipbuilders played an important role in achieving the new record. Ships were, by value, the most significant of 13 major export items tracked by the Ministry. Ship exports totaled $56.5 billion, an increase of 15.1 percent on the previous year.
January 3, 2012
- 2012-05-30 - Bollinger wins two SCA safety awards
- 2012-10-28 - Tenth Virginia-class submarine christened at NNS
- 2012-11-07 - W&O's Loomis joins new SCA Committee
- 2012-11-19 - Otto Candies to build new Marin Teknikk subsea vessel
- 2012-11-26 - Lauro and Rolls-Royce team to develop gas fueled ferry
- 2012-12-20 - CVN 78 passes another construction milestone
- 2013-01-31 - Newport News Shipbuilding installs CVN 78 island
- 2013-04-08 - Ingalls achieves DDG 1001 hangar milestone
- 2013-04-17 - Aker Arctic to design new icebreaker for Finnish Government
- 2013-05-21 - Interferry hails MEPC decision on EEDI
- 2013-05-21 - Ingalls lays keel of NSC 5